Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 209 - City of God (Brazilian)

"Chickens are being prepared for a meal when a chicken escapes and an armed gang chases after it in a favela called the Cidade de Deus ("City of God"). The chicken stops between the gang and a young man named Rocket (Buscapé), who believes that the gang wants to kill him. A flashback traces Rocket, the narrator, back to the 1960s"

Such a boring film! The whole time I was just hoping to get through it in one shot. I don't know why this film is such a hit with everyone else. Its totally crap to me, all the actors had no charisma so it wasn't fun to see them at all. I have to say that the characters were well developed and had a good standing. I have a problem with the story since it was so boring and predictable. Plus I hate the character of Angelica, she was the simple girl next door who sleeps someone the main character gets close to and eventually loves that man over the main character. It happens all the time in crime/gangster films. I would suggest you skip this movie

1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment