Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 9 - The Wolverine (US)

A little late again I know but here it is




In 1945 Logan rescued a Japanese soldier during the bombing of Nagisaki...IN the present day Logan is living a hermit life after the events of X Men 3.

How could I not write about this film! One of my favorite marvels (tied for 1st place with Ironman) characters goes to Japan, the country I desperately wish to go to.

Anyway this film was quite good, in my perspective it is the best film in the wolverine series and my favorite in the X-Men series. The dialogue was not bad but the shoots and characterization is what really got me in the end. This isn't like the previous installments in the X-Men universe, after so many movies I believe Hugh Jackman has finally synced to the character and can give a better performance as such.
The female cast also deserves merit they did a very wonderful job. Especially Tao Okamoto (the wolverine is her debut film) and Rila Fukushima. Rila Fukushima is a great actress while miss Okamoto has the potential to become one if she stars in more movies.
The direction was very good, the script was the best I've seen in a marvel movie (except of course in the Ironman franchise and the Avengers).

3/5

Cast

Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine (Also starred in The Prestige)


Tao Okamoto as Mariko Yashida


Rila Fukushima as Yukio




Also watched
Insidious Chapter 2   (3/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment