Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 19 - Crying Fist (South Korea)



"Tae Sik, a troubled middle aged man and Sang Hwan, a troubled youth will meet in the ring with their respective mission. To change their life. " imdb

A decent boxing film from a place you'll least expect a movie about boxing. Other critics say this is the film that made Ryoo Seung-Bum stand out as an actor. Truthfully his scenes slightly bored me, I felt like he was overacting in some parts.
This film takes a different storytelling technique but completely telling each boxers side before the fight so you don't really know who to root for. I have to say the film lacks to deliver a true solid punch, I probably will never see this film again. After saying that I feel like a lot of characters were un-necessary since they were not written into the storyline all that well.

Fact: I am a fan of Choi Min-Sik, he is one of my favorite actors.

2/5


Cast

Ryoo Seung-Bum as Sang Hwan (also starred in Arahan)




Choi Min-Sik (also starred in I Saw The Devil)





Also watched Marathon (Korean film)- it was such a wonderful film 3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment