Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 147 - Odd Thomas (American)

'Odd Thomas (Yelchin) lives in a small town in California called Pico Mundo. His morning of August 14 begins with him coming out of his apartment, and meeting the ghost of a teenage girl named Penny Kallisto, who silently leads him to a street, where Harlo Landerson rolls his SS Chevelle convertible beside Odd and says hello. Odd immediately pulls the keys out of the ignition and accuses Harlo of raping and murdering Penny, noting two pieces of white felt from the victim that Harlo apparently has in his pocket. Harlo flees and Odd gives chase, with the chase culminating inside a child's room in a stranger's house. Harlo and Odd have a fistfight and Odd knocks Harlo unconscious. Odd waits on the scene and meets with his friend, police chief Wyatt Porter (Dafoe), who knows somewhat of Odd's psychic gifts and promises to spin the story to keep public attention away from Odd, as Odd does not want that attention. In his narration, he says, "I see dead people, but then, by God, I do something about it"."

A very nice film, I enjoyed it a lot and I will try to read the book now. Anton Yelchin is at his best in this film and is quite enjoyable to see. It was cool to see William Dafoe, it was unexpected. I hope there will be a sequel to this film eventually. I haven't read the book yet, so I can't or won't suggest this to anyone who has read the book. But I will suggest this to people who haven't read the book yet.


2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment