Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 135 - The Ghost Writer (French/German/British)

"An unnamed British ghostwriter (Ewan McGregor) is recruited to complete the memoirs of former Prime Minister Adam Lang (Pierce Brosnan). His predecessor on the project and Lang's long-term aide, Mike McAra, has recently died in an apparent accident. The writer travels to the fictional Massachusetts village of Old Haven on Martha's Vineyard, where Lang is staying with his wife, Ruth (Olivia Williams), and a staff of servants and security personnel. The writer is checked into a small hotel. Lang's personal assistant (and mistress), Amelia Bly (Kim Cattrall), forbids him to take McAra's manuscript outside, emphasizing that it is a security risk."

I thought it was going to be at least interesting but it wasn't. This movie seemed like a failure to me, things were quite predictable and felt a little underwritten. Pierce Brosnan is an actor I like, and he did a decent job in the film but didn't connect with how they made his character. Worst of all Ewan McGregor whose performance is highly boring and uninteresting. I don't happen to like Ewan McGregor's acting, I have never seen a good movie with him in it. I'm also not a fan of the director Roman Polanski, his style of direction is not something that I agree with or feel inspired by.

1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment