Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day 94 - Republic of Korea 1% (South Korean)

 
Only 1% of the marines becomes part of the special forces. Staff Sergeant Lee Yu-mi becomes the first ever non-commissioned officer to become part of the 3 teams vying to become part of the special forces. She joins the the bottom ranked team as they attempt to become part of the special 1% marines ...

A film with a very nice concept that I enjoyed but it's execution wasn't all there. I felt like I was watching G.I. Jane, thankfully Lee Ah-Lee didn't shave her head like Demi Moore did. Anyway there are way too many comedic aspects of this film to take it real seriously. There are moments that work but they don't deliver the right impact which causes the film to fail. The characters are interesting but not everyone in this film could act well enough to get me to believe in this film.
This film should have taken a more dramatic approach to a touchy subject, women and the military. I'm sure there are some girls around the world that want to actively be in the special forces. This film doesn't really inspire in the way it should have. It is still a little enjoyable

1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment