Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 78 - The Host (South Korea)

Sorry that I was late with this one
 
 


"First, the movie starts with the scene of American military pathologists dumping over 200 bottles of formaldehyde into the sewer system, leading into the Han River. Over the next few years, a strange amphibious monster emerges from Han River and attacks people at random. The monster snatches up the protagonist’s daughter and returns to its hideout under Wonhyo Bridge. Her family tries to rescue her from the monster to the indifference of people, going through all kinds of hardships. According to the director, his inspiration came from a local article about a deformed fish with an S-shaped spine caught in Han River.[2] The Host had set a new Korean box office record by reaching 10 million tickets in just 21 days. In addition, it was ranked one of the top films of 2007 on Metacritic with a score of 85. In November 2008, it was announced that Universal Studios would be remaking The Host."

First off let me say that I respect what this film means but I just couldn't like it. I didn't like the acting especially from the main set of characters. They were somewhat annoying and dull characters. I hate the ending which is so anticlimactic that I almost fell asleep. I really can't believe this is South Korea's highest grossing film ever.
1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment