Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 326 - No Tears for the Dead (Korean)

No Tears for the Dead-p1.jpg
"A love story between a professional hitman and his next target."
 
Despite what the synopsis says it is no where close to being a love story unless you are a fool. The story itself wasn't all that bad but could have been written better. Jang Dong-gun did an okay job but I felt like he was trying too hard. His English was better than it was in The Warriors Way which I appreciated. I enjoyed the multiple languages present in the film as characters spoke English, Korean, and Spanish. It felt like Kim Min-Hee grew as an actress but was held back a bit for whatever reason. The action scenes were alright but felt a little shaky in their organization. I don't think I would have make Jang Dong-gun as the lead but I appreciate that his English was above average from other Korean actors who tried to act in the language.  The ending had a great twist that I quite enjoyed so it was a total loss but its a nice movie to watch when your in the mood for a thought provoking action film. I expected a little more from the director of Man from Nowhere.
 
 
2.9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment