Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 313 - The Blindswordsman: Zatochi (Japanese)

 
"The film's plot follows a traditional theme, with Zatoichi coming to the defense of townspeople caught up in a local Yakuza gang war and being forced to pay excessive amounts of protection money. "-wiki
 
A great samurai movie if you haven't seen one in a while. This film was meant to be the revival of the classic samurai character known as Zatoichi. Honestly I didn't expect Takeshi Kitano to do a good job but he was great in this film. He didn't play his normal role of a loud character but instead he played a man with a gentle touch. I was blown away with his acting and he did a good job directing as well. Some may laugh at the now outdated visual effects but to me they were still good. The supporting characters were good as well, I especially liked the two geishas in the film. If you like samurai this a must watch film.
 
Though I feel like you would appreciate the film more if you have seen the original ones. I haven't seen them yet but I plan to watch them very soon.
 
 
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment