Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 215 - White Vengeance (Chinese)

White Vengeance poster.jpg

"The film is loosely based on events in the Chu–Han Contention, an interregnum between the fall of the Qin dynasty and the founding of the Han dynasty in Chinese history. The film's Chinese title is a reference to the Feast at Hong Gate, one of the highlights of that era."

I have always disliked the Han dynasty as well communism era China as well. But I never knew about the fight between Han and Chu. I enjoyed more about the Chu and I was sad since I knew from the beginning that they wouldn't win. I would much rather had the Chu come into power rather than the Han. Its the same for the movie, the people of the Chu side were the better actors and had better characters. Feng Shaofeng was stellar as Xiang Yu, he was a much better actor and had a better character than Leon Lai. Liu Yifei did a nice job as well, I hope to see her in more movies in the future. The two characters that Feng Shaofeng and Liu Yifei had a tragic romance that was good but failed to draw out that much emotions because they don't have a lot of screen time together. What little time they did have was managed quite well. It was also nice to see Anthony Wong again, since I have seen him in a ton of movies before. I have to say Feng Shaofeng as Xiang Yu was the best in the film, he took us on a wonderful journey. This film is for those that like Chinese action and historical films.

2.9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment