Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 151 - The Suspect (Korean)





"A North Korean spy (Gong Yoo), who is abandoned by North Korea, settles down in South Korea. He then becomes a the prime suspect in a murder case. The victim in the murder case is the CEO of a large corporation. The suspect now attempts to uncover the truth. "-wiki


A nice action thriller that at some parts reminded me of the Jason Bourne Series without all of the memory loss and love interests.

This is Gong Yoo's first action movie, he did a very good job. Better than most of the current starts that haunt action thrillers. Despite him being used to romantic comedies, Gong Yoo surprised me with how well he fit into this kind of film. I enjoyed his performance in this a lot. Besides that, this is not the best action thriller I've ever seen but its still enjoyable. It has heart in a way, that is quite unique to this genre.

Park Hee-Soon also surprised me with how much I liked his character. I didn't like any of his characters until I watched this film. He was a well match pair with Gong Yoo, this two seemed to blaze up the screen with the intense chase.

I suggest this movie to those that like action thrillers.

2.9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment