Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 41 - Sunflower (South Korea)



"Years ago, Tae-Sik (Kim Rae-Won) was a feared henchmen for the mob, but after spending 10 years in prison Tae-Sik now only wants to live a normal life. He returns to a place he thinks of as home and to the woman (Kim Hae-Sook) who has looked after him like a mother. Trouble then finds Tae-Sik again, when gangsters want to build a nightclub over the land that Tae-Sik's mother occupies.
Once the gangsters attack Tae-Sik's "adopted" family, Tae-Sik goes after the gangsters with pure vengeance. "


A truly awesome film, I consider it one of the best films I've seen out of Korea. It did not disappoint, it was actually the opposite it was better than I ever thought. Kim Rae-Won was so good in this film, he was believable and interesting the whole movie. It was stellar to his performance throughout of the film. I've so excited after watching this film, I haven't been like this since I saw IP Man 2.
The action sequence at the end was so good, who ever designed it deserves an award and big pat on the back. If you have ever seen The Man From Nowhere, you will most likely enjoy this film.

Can't express how much this made me feel, I felt I was ready to kickass at the end of the film. Kang Seok-Beom did a great job with this film, the script, and the characters especially Tae-Sik were great.
Kim Rae-Won earned my respect with this film, I can't wait to see more of his roles.

3.5/5

Cast
Kim Rae-Won as Tae-Sik (Also starred in Mr. Socrates, My Little Bride)


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment