Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 266 -The Grandmaster (Hong Kong)

The Grandmaster poster.jpg
 
"The film chronicles the life of the Wing Chun grandmaster Ip Man from the 1930s in Foshan, his flight to Hong Kong after the Second Sino-Japanese War, and the events leading to his death."
 
A nice martial arts film but it lacks to have the power of Wilson Yip's IP Man. The whole time I watched this film I was comparing it to Yips and this film failed to be even close as good as his. I like Tony Leung but I kind of felt he needed more realism in his movies, it was wasn't really exciting to see him perform. Zhang Ziyi gave the best performance in the film, she kind of overshadowed Tony Leung with her wonderful performance. The story was excellent as was the sets, costume designs, and make up. I suggest this film to those that like martial art films that are more than just fighting.
 
 
 
2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment